At the moment we’re in paradise. We’re at the beautiful Broken River Mountain Resort in the middle of the rainforest in Eungella National Park.
However, we have a dilemma. North of Mackay the road to Cairns is closed at Townsville due to flooding. We’ve got two choices; either we wait it out and hope that it’s opened again in time, or we go back to Brisbane, hand the van back in and fly to Alice Springs from there. Obviously we’d rather stick to the plan, but it doesn’t look very promising. The road at Ingham has more than a metre of water over it and has been undermined; it’s not going to be passable anytime soon. Our point of no return is next Tuesday, we reckon if we share the driving and have structured breaks we can get back to Brisbane in three days. We’ve emailed Maui to see if they’ve got any ideas, but at the end of the day we think it’s going to be our decision.
Post a Comment